Find out about the features of this firmware via here.
This build is meant for Seagate/Lacie users of models :
1AYBA3 - Lacie Fuel Firmware 3.4.1.012
1AYBA4 - WPlus(USB3 Only) Firmware 4.4.1.012
1AYBA5 - Seagate Wireless 2015 Firmware 5.4.1.012
If your firmware is NEWER than the above listed ones, please download the following to restore them back to the required version BEFORE you make your purchase :
a) Place our patched firmware for your device via USB.
b) Disconnect from USB and then power on and leave it for 5 minutes.
c) After the 5 minutes is completed, poke the reset hole and hole for 5 seconds.
d) Force Power Off your unit by pressing the power on button and hold for 5-10 seconds. Wait for 2 minutes or listen close to your drive to make sure your drive is no longer spinning.
e) Wait for another 30 seconds.
f) Power on your unit.
g) Search for your Wifi of the Wireless Drive and connect to it.
h) You can now perform our mod.
Here are the patched firmware files:
Lacie Fuel (1AYBA3)
Seagate Wireless Plus USB Only : (1AYBA4)
Seagate Wireless Color Models : (1AYBA5)
Our tutorials on its usage can be also found on http://www.hackseagatesatellite.com/wordpress/video-tutorials/
The default SSID after the modification is "plus"
The default Password after the modification is "1234567890"
You can learn how to change your SSID & Password by referring to our settings page help.
If you do not have access to YouTube or do not wish to watch it, here's the plain short and simple instructions :
1) Make sure you restore your device to the original Seagate Firmware version 4.4.1.012(WPlus) or 3.4.1.012 (Fuel) or Wireless 5.4.1.012(1AYBA5)
2) Download, mount the ISO file and copy the 2 files (run.sh and seagate_mod.tar.gz) into the root directly of the HDD via USB.
3) Disconnect the USB Completely and close the Cover. Power Up the unit. Join the WiFi of your Wireless Drive
4) Use the command prompt or terminal. Type the following commands.
5) Telnet into the unit "telnet 172.25.0.1" (Note : If you are not on 172.25.0.1, you are on the wrong version of seagate firmware. DO NOT PROCEED)
ID is "root" PWD is "goflex"
6) Change Directory to /static/Data/1 "cd /static/Data/1" (Note the s in small caps while D in Capital D and numeric 1. There is a space after cd)
7) Run the installer "./run.sh" (Note that there is no spaces in between)
8) You will need to interact with the installer by saying y , then press enter to start the installation.
All support is done via email to email@example.com
The Forum access is optional if you want to get a question from the greater community but all official support will be via email.
Light Interface V4 for 1AYBA3, BA4 and BA5
MD5 for the ZIP File is 5f5e447ea8afc24e57cd5c7f48b754b7